The moment I knew it was going to snow the next morning, I immediately packed up my camping gear and hit the road right away. I was a bit anxious about my plan because as much as I want to see one of my favorite places to be covered with snow, I was totally scared about all the things that could go wrong in the snow since I’ve never experienced snow in the backcountry. In fact, the only snow I’ve ever had to deal with was last year’s Texas snow storm, inside my room wrapped and cozy. This time, I knew I was going to uncharted territory.
The night was brutally cold. Sleeping inside a metal box, I kinda expected that already but when I looked outside the window, disappointment levels just blew off the roof. I couldn’t see anything outside. It was foggy and was looking miserable. So I decided to pack up first all my sleep system inside the car before I go outside. As I was packing, I felt really down. Suffered the cold night and now I will need to drive those icy switchbacks down the valley bringing home nothing but a full on foggy landscape.
When I went out my car, I just felt stupid. I can’t believe that all those hours inside the car, I never thought that maybe, MAYBE I couldn’t see the view because of the condensation but nevertheless, I was just glad that I was all wrong.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
This content was originally published here.