We previously we alerted you that the Colorado legislature is once again considering a bill that would allow children to consent to vaccines without any notification to their parents. Unfortunately, the bill has been approved by the Senate and is now heading to the House floor.
S.B. 21-016 covers a wide range of issues, such as insurance and reimbursement for various medical procedures. Buried in the middle is a provision that allows minors to receive testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, by adding “preventative measures,” i.e. vaccines.
If passed as currently written S.B. 21-016 would grant state health care providers permission to vaccinate our children for sexually transmitted diseases without parental consent!
Vaccines currently recommended for sexually transmitted diseases are Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccines. This bill would also allow minors to be vaccinated with any other vaccines that may be approved for sexually transmitted diseases in the future.
Medical practitioners should never be permitted to coerce impressionable minor children into a medical procedure that is capable of causing injury or death behind their parent’s backs.
Please call your State Representative today and urge him or her to vote no on SB 21-016!
Contact your Colorado State Representative and ask him or her to oppose S.B. 21-016 unless it is amended to remove the provision that allows minors to consent to vaccines. You can find out who represents you at: http://leg.colorado.gov/find-my-legislator
Calls are more effective than emails, and only take a few minutes.
“Hi, my name is ____ and I am a constituent. I am calling to ask Representative ____ to oppose S.B. 21-016 unless it is amended to remove Section 2, which allows minors to consent to vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases without parental notification.
As recognized by the U.S. Supreme Court, vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry risk of injury or death. It is irresponsible to allow children to make medical decisions that may injure or kill them without the knowledge of their parents.
The U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has awarded over 4.4 billion dollars to vaccine victims. And the true numbers of injuries are undoubtedly much higher, since it is estimated that two out of three plaintiffs are turned away and the FDA says less than 1 percent of all vaccine injuries are ever reported in the first place.
Minor children may not be aware of family medical histories, and even their own young childhood history of vaccine reactions, which would be relevant to deciding if a particular vaccine’s risks outweigh the benefits.
I urge Representative _______ to oppose this bill unless it is amended to remove Section 2 of the bill.
Be sure to explain why this issue is important to you. You may wish to use a couple of the talking points below. Don’t copy all of them – just use them as ideas to help structure your own message.
TALKING POINTS for calls and emails:
- Share a personal story, if you have relevant experience. Do you have a vaccine-injured child, and you weren’t told about the risks before vaccinating or were pressured into vaccinating despite your concerns about the risks? Do you have family members with medical conditions that would be relevant to assessing the risks, and your child doesn’t know the details?
- Vaccines are pharmaceutical products that carry a risk of injury or death. Minor children may not be aware of family and their own personal history of vaccine reactions or personal contraindications to relay to the vaccine administrator.
- HPV vaccines have a high incidence of adverse reactions. Many children have died or become severely injured after receiving HPV vaccines. Authorizing minors to consent to HPV vaccines is dangerous and irresponsible.
- A study out of Canada shows just how dangerous HPV vaccines are. The study looked at 195,270 girls who received HPV vaccination. Of the vaccinated girls, there were 958 hospitalizations and 19,351 ED (emergency room visits).
That means 10% of HVP vaccine recipients studied had a reaction that required a visit to the ER or hospitalization. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/hpv-vaccines-why-oh-why-are-they-on-the-market-at-all/
- The U.S. and Western Europe have always had among the lowest rates of Hepatitis B disease in the world (0.1% to 0.5% of the general population.)
View text, status and history of the bill here: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb21-016
For more information on HPV vaccines read this article:
The post Keep Speaking Up Against a Bad Vaccine Bill in Colorado! appeared first on The Weston A. Price Foundation.
This content was originally published here.