Table of Contents
- VA Approved Condos
What is the VA Loan Limit?
2021 VA Home Loan Limit: $0 down payment up to $5,000,000* (subject to lender limits) /2 open VA loans at one time $548,250 (Call 877-432-5626 for details).
How to Apply for a VA Home Loan?
This is a quick look at how to apply for a VA home loan in Huerfano county. For a more detailed overview of the VA home loan process, check out our complete guide on how to apply for a VA home loan. Here, we’ll go over the general steps to getting a VA home loan and point out some things to pay attention to in Huerfano County. If you have any questions, you can call us at VA HLC and we’ll help you get started.
- Get pre-approved, to get pre-approved for a loan, you’ll need:
- Previous two years of W2s
- Most recent 30 days paystubs or LES (active duty)
- Most recent 60 days bank statements
- Landlord and HR/Payroll Department contact info
- Find a home
- We can help you check whether the home is in one of the Huerfano County flood zones
- Get the necessary inspections
- Termite inspection: required
- Well or septic inspections needed, if applicable
- Get the home appraised
- We can help you find a VA-Certified appraiser in Huerfano County and schedule the process
- Construction loan note: Construction permit/appraisal info
- Building permit
- Elevation certificate
- Lock in your interest rates
- Pro tip: Wait until the appraisal lock in your loan rates. If it turns out you need to make repairs, it can push your closing back. Then you can get stuck paying rate extension fees.
- Close the deal and get packing!
- You’re ready to go.
What is the Median Home Price?
As of April 31, 2021, the median home value for Huerfano County is $149,538. In addition, the median household income for residents of the county is $38,137.
How much are the VA Appraisal Fees?
- Single-Family: $1000.
- Individual Condo: $1025.
- Manufactured Homes: $1050.
- 2-4 Unit Multi-Family: $1200.
- Appraisal Turnaround Times: 15 days.
Do I need Flood Insurance?
- The VA requires properties are required to have flood insurance if they are in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Due to a lack of lakes, rivers, or even creeks, Huerfano County has little to no flood hazard areas. In addition, the FEMA Flood Map Service Center has no digital data regarding flood hazards within the County.
How do I learn about Property Taxes?
- The state of Colorado offers Coloradoans the opportunity to be eligible for the Property Tax, Rent, Heat Credit Rebate (PTC Rebate). Some basic requirements are that applicants live in Colorado for at least one year, be 65 years or older, or the surviving spouse of 58 years of age, or a disabled person. Income and expenses will guide how much is given in the rebate.
What is the Population?
- The county’s population of 6,897 is 61% White, 33% Hispanic, and 5.3% American Indian.
- Most county residents are between 18 and 65 years old, with 16% under 18 years old and 32% older than 65.
- In total, the county has about 3,225 households, with an average of 2 people per household.
What are the major cities?
The County has one city and one town, La Veta, and the city of Walsenburg. The latter of which serves as the county seat for Huerfano County.
About Huerfano County
Huerfano County, Colorado is named for the isolated volcano neck that stands in the middle of the county. The county has a surface area of 1,593 square miles, 1,591 square miles of which are land, and 2.2 square miles is water. Huerfano County is home to the Huerfano River Wind Farm, which is Colorado’s largest producer of distributed generation power. Huerfano County was once a major trading site for Native Americans.
There are a number of protected areas in Huerfano County that people can visit. One of these protected areas is the Lathrop State Park. This park features Martin Lake and Horseshoe Lake, which both offer great fishing opportunities. Rainbow trout, bass, northern pike, catfish, and bluegill are just a few of the species of fish found in the lakes in Lathrop State Park.
The County is home to an economy where the biggest employment industries are Accommodation, Construction, and Retail Trade. As a result, the most common types of jobs in the County are in the Management, Construction, and Sales occupations.
Furthermore, educationally speaking, the County is home to two school districts, La Veta School District and the Huerfano School District No. RE-1. The two districts have five schools that offer education to 739 students in elementary school, junior high school, and high school every year.
The county is currently home to 867 veterans.
- Nearby Bases
VA Home Loan Information
- VA loans can finance the construction of a property. However, the property must be owned and prepared for construction as the VA cannot ensure vacant land loans.
VA Approved Condos
There are no VA-approved condos available in Huerfano County. Although it is possible to get a condo in the county by calling us at (877) 432-5626. We can help you through the condo approval process.
- Colorado VA Loan Information
The post Huerfano County, Colorado VA Loan Property Information appeared first on VA Home Loan Centers.
This content was originally published here.